Friday, October 10, 2008

A Day in the Life

It was difficult to get out of bed this morning because it was so cold. Upon leaving, I realized that my house was much colder inside than it was outside. One of the great mysteries of life I suppose.

My bus driver in the morning is a cross between a confederate solider (mainly due to his chops, nothing pertaining to racism) and Ethan Embry. He is probably in his mid twenties and talks like Ethan Embry does in Empire Records. He is very much a product of the late 1990's and still wears an original WWJD bracelet. He replaced my previous bus driver who looks like a character of the comic strip The Farside. I wish I had a picture of her to prove it. Anywho, seeing my current bus driver is a bit trippy....he is from my generation, a youth group kid but working as an adult with a blue collar job. Which is just another reminder that I am an adult, not longer a youth. It is weird that the generation of CD players, Backstreet Boys and TRL has grown up and has been replaced by ipods, the Jonas Brothers and High School Musical. I wonder if the youth of the 60's felt as weird having their ideals of free love and music replaced by disco and moustaches.

We are going to the Kennedy School for dinner tonight. I am so excited for the weekend :) I cannot wait to catch up on rest and not work.

No comments: