Sunday, January 1, 2012

So Glad You Are Here 2012!!!!

As I have stated before, 2011 was a trying year (for both myself and some of the people closest to me). But through those trying times, God was faithful. He molded me and shaped me in ways I never knew imaginable. I was also able to take our relationship to the next level....

All my life, I would just take the difficulties thrown at me. When difficulty, after difficulty hit last year, I would just thank God and pray for the desires of my heart. One night, at a time when I was so overwhelmed, I was praying with my husband. My husband knew that I was at the end of my rope, burnt out by all the trials I had faced- yet I was praying the same way I always did- thanking and saying "if it’s Your will." I will never forget when my husband interrupted my prayer and said "now is not the time for that kind of prayer- now is the time for you to be honest with God."

It really threw me off, because once he said that, I knew exactly what I was doing. I was almost praying to God out of superstition....thinking if I thanked Him, the bad would stop. This was all done subconsciously until this moment. And then I prayed, crying out to God like I never had before:

"You know I can handle a lot, but I cannot handle one more trial. I am tired of not hearing Your voice. I need Your guidance right now- I am burnt out, I am at the end of my rope. Intervene."

It was prob the most emotional prayer of my life. Within days He made Himself known and began turning things around in our lives.

I am so thankful for my husband and how he pushed me to grow in my walk in this way. I know it sounds crazy, but this event completely took my relationship with God to a whole new level.

I don’t know what 2012 will hold, but I declare, in faith, that this year we will no longer be in the wilderness. My God has heard my plea and has answered faithfully.

I commit to seeking balance in my life in 2012- in my relationship with Him, my husband, work, health, other relationships, what I am called to (through the gifting’s He has placed in my life) and in the thing I love to do.

Those are my resolutions if you will- Declaring in faith that He has brought us out of the wilderness (not to say trials will not happen, but that He is bringing us out of a rough season, taking our yoke upon Himself) and that I will seek balance in my life. Here's to 2012!!!

No comments: