Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Why My Bible Study Group is the Best

So I love my Bible study group- mainly because (outside of being Christians) we have nothing in common.

Everyone has kids, is much older (outside of one couple) and is in a different walk of life than we are.

Now it seems strange that I would like this, because as humans, we are naturally drawn to people who are like us. However, i think a group like this is essential for Bible study.

Why?- you may ask. Because this group challenges me in the Word. When I am with my friends, we typically have pretty similar convictions, moral and political beliefs: rarely having to bring up a challenge for someone to think differently about something than they did before.

My group members will challenge my beliefs or interpretation of a verse though bc they come from a different walk of life. I love being challenged... It either strengthens my own convictions or allows me to think of something in a different light.

And that to me is an important way to grow in my walk with God. I am so thankful for this group!

No comments: