Thursday, November 6, 2008

Kurt

I have been reading quite a bit of Vonnegut lately. I truly enjoy his writing. He is able to tell a gripping story with such an eloquent use of pathos, sarcasm and societal commentary, all with a hint of A.D.D.

I have a few book ideas going in my head. Whenever I am somewhere, observing something, I find that I am narrating the situation. Maybe it is just a weird battle for control, or perhaps I need to start outlining some ideas. Before, I thought simply stating your thoughts and opinions in a pristine, well thought out way argued for intellect. The older I get, the more I see the intelligence in stories laced with these messages.

So it goes.

I have had the hardest time concentrating lately. I am trying to check emails, blog and look up anything that I need to before work, so I no longer deal with the temptation to take a 2 minute break (that usually ends up taking longer than 2 minutes). We'll see.

The weekend is almost here. I plan on sleeping in, working out, doing chores, maybe going to Wordstock, hanging out with friends and going to church. We will see what else happens.

Hi-ho.

No comments: