Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Person of the Week- Week 5


Barack Hussein Obama

I know this is a bit cliché, but it had to be done. History was made today. A man who, 150 years ago would have been a slave, 50 years ago wouldn’t have been allowed to drink out of the same water fountain as me is now the 44th President of the United States. I admire his hope and pray that his ideals put into action will help turn this country around. He has overcome many obstacles and offers an exciting outlook on the years to come. Heres to you Barack Obama!


Last night I was thinking about what now former President Bush must have been dwelling on last night. 8 years on a job and then it is done. I saw a movie about Truman with the actor who played Lutenit Dan in Forest Gump. Anywho historically Truman and Bush have equally low approval ratings leaving office. The movie portrayed how silent life was for him post Presidency...after such an overwhelming term. I wonder if the same thoughts portrayed of Truman will be going through former President Bush's head.


This weekend I had the opportunity to road trip down to So Cal with Brian and Corri for Coop's wedding. It was epic....we thought that the trip would make our weekend super short, but it was actually seemingly lengthened. Coop's wedding was wonderful and I had a great time seeing friends and family. It was a great time.


I get to see Jerry in 11 days and get to marry him in 144 days. I am the most blessed girl on earth!!!!!

3 comments:

.heidi.noelle. said...

I TOTALLY had peson of the week called in my mind :) It was lovely to see you.

Steph said...

Dear Emily,

God told me that he doesn't really love you. Something about... smelling like diapers and can't play the guitar worth crap?? I'm clueless...but maybe this will ring a bell with you. Oh and Boise wouldn't take a letter from you because you're a caca face. Tough crowd huh? Take care.

In Him,
Junior

Ange said...

oh I love this post...and totally not cliche. It's the truth!!!